1. "Organizational behaviour is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups and structure have on behaviour within organization for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization's effectiveness."
- Stephen P. Robbins
2. "Organizational behaviour is the study and application at knowledge about the how people - as individuals and a groups - act within organization. It strives to identify ways in which people can act more effectively."
- Keith Davis
3. "Organizational behaviour can be defined as the understanding, prediction and management of the human behaviour affect t
In brief. "Organizational behaviour is conerned with the study of what people do in an organization and how their behaviour affect the performance of the organizations.
Organizational behaviour is a scientific descipline in which a large number of research are conducted which improve its knowledge base.
Organizational behavior is the study and application of knowledge about how people act in an organization. As individual and as a groups. Organizational Behaviour (known as OB) in which large number of tolls are used for analysis purpose. It helps manager to look for the behaviour of individuals in an organization. OB applies knowledge gained about individuals, groups and structure. OB is concerned with what people do in an organization ans how that behaviour affects the performance of that organization. Manager of an organization is required to have complete knowledge and information about the following facts :-
1. When do two people (co-workers,or a superior -subordinate) interact ?
2. When do two or more groups need to co-ordinate their efforts ?
3. What complexities are involved in inter-personal relations ?
4. Why some employees are more successful than others ?
5. How can we act as a team ?
6. How to handle the stress of workers - superiors and sub ordinates ?
7. How to obtain suggestions from employees ?
8. Why the culture of one organization differs from other and why it is changing constantly ?
An understanding of organizational behaviour is valuable for improving huamn behaviour in positive direction, on the one hand and the total organization climate, on the other hand. It tries to promote our understanding of the process of human behaviour and the changes that takes place in the goals, roles, values and interests of the organization members during the course of their association with organizations..
For more of such hot topics read my other posts here :
Visit my new website
Copyright © 2013 - jontymagicman.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com